Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh is all set to get its third airport – the Donyi Polo airport at Hollongi near Itanagar.
A greenfield airport, equipped with all the modern facilities for passengers, is ready for inauguration. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the airport, which has been constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 645 crore.
5 facts about Donyi Polo airport:
- With a 2,300 metre long runway, the greenfield airport at Hollongi would be the first in Arunachal Pradesh to handler the landing and take-off of big aircraft.
- Spread over an area of 4,100 sq mt, the airport — is the state’s third after Pasighat and Tezu airports.
- The AAI undertook the Rs 645 crore project to develop the airport to boost air connectivity in the eastern Himalayan state.
- An Airbus A320 of IndiGo successfully completed a test landing at the Donyi Polo airport.
- The Donyi Polo airport, with eight check-in counters, can accommodate up to 200 passengers during peak hours.
Leave a Reply